Up-to-Date Safety Precautions at Asheville Periodontics
We are here to serve our patients, and our highest priority is the keep our community safe and healthy. We can assure you that Asheville Periodontics is one of the safest places to be during this time, and having the proper dental treatment is one way to make your body healthier. Having untreated dental or oral infections in your mouth can negatively effect your immune system.
We want you to feel more comfortable and are increasing our investment in your health and well being by offering the following safeguards:
- We are implementing a “Curbside Check-In” process. Once a patient arrives at our practice, they will call our office to let our team know they’ve arrived. They will be instructed to pick up a folder with their name on it, which holds paperwork for them to fill out prior to their appointment. A staff member will then greet them and welcome them into our practice.
- We have implemented a “no handshaking policy” and have put up signs throughout the practice to reflect this.
- Patients will notice we have installed sneeze guards (plexiglass shields) in our reception area.
- An Asheville Periodontics team member has been assigned to wipe down and disinfect between every patient, including in our reception area and all patient rooms.
- All patients will rinse with an antimicrobial mouth rinse at every patient visit.
- Hand sanitizer is offered at our front office and in every treatment room.
- Our team will be in enhanced PPE for the patient and team members’ protection
- While we do not allow patients to have guests accompany them into their appointment, we do allow their guests to wait in the car for the length of their visit.
- We are urging patients to fill out their new patient paperwork either online or bring to the office at least 3 days prior to their appointment so that it can be reviewed and can be discussed with the patient if necessary before your appointment.
What we require from our patients:
- If you are sick, running a fever, coughing, or not feeling well, please reschedule your appointment and do not enter the office. We are happy to reschedule your appointment at no charge and we thank you for considering the health of others.
- If you are healthy and you come in for your regular appointment, please use a tissue when sneezing or blowing your nose, throw the tissue away, and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water afterwards. Using hand sanitizer of 60% alcohol is also acceptable for washing hands. We offer hand sanitizer at the front desk and in every operatory.
- If you have traveled to any areas outside of the US within two weeks of your scheduled appointment, please contact our office to reschedule.
The entire team at Asheville Periodontics wants to ensure that your health is our highest priority. We have trained and educated our team regarding COVID-19 and have enhanced some of our office protocols to ensure the highest level of safety and health.
As part of our normal daily operations, we continue to observe the following safeguards against the spread of disease. These are the standards that we are implementing to ensure that Asheville Periodontics is one of the safest places to be.
- Before you enter the examining room all surfaces, such as the dental chair, dental light, drawer handles and countertops, have been cleaned and disinfected thoroughly with medical grade disinfectants that kill 99.9% of all harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Disposable protective coverings on equipment are disposed of and replaced after each patient visit.
- Disposable dental tools and needles are always disposed of and never reused.
- All staff involved in patient care use appropriate protective equipment such as gloves, masks, gowns, and eyewear when needed. After each patient, disposable gloves and masks are thrown away. Before seeing the next patient, everyone on the treatment team disinfects their hands and puts on a new pair of gloves and mask. This is called PPE, or “Personal Protective Equipment” and this protects both the patient and the treatment team.
- We frequently clean and disinfect the lobby area and reception counter multiple times throughout the day, and are even more diligent today.
- Any Asheville Periodontics team member that has any symptoms of a cold or flu is not permitted on the premises and is advised to stay home for the safety of our patients and other team members.