Advantages of Dental Implants
There are many advantages to dental implants, including:
- Flexibility. Dental implants can replace single teeth, multiple teeth, support bridges, or support removable or fixed dentures.
- Improved appearance: Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. Because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- Improved speech. With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Improved comfort. Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable tooth replacement.
- Easier eating. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back you smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved oral health. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Durability. Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
Bridge vs. Implant
Caring for a Dental Implant