COVID-19 Precautions at Asheville Periodontics
Up-to-Date Safety Precautions at Asheville Periodontics
We are here to serve our patients, and our highest priority is the keep our community safe and healthy. We can assure you that Asheville Periodontics is one of the safest places to be during this time, and having the proper dental treatment is one way to make your body healthier. Having untreated dental or oral infections in your mouth can negatively effect your immune system.
We want you to feel more comfortable and are increasing our investment in your health and well being by offering the following safeguards:
- We are implementing a “Curbside Check-In” process. Once a patient arrives at our practice, they will call our office to let our team know they’ve arrived. They will be instructed to pick up a folder with their name on it, which holds paperwork for them to fill out prior to their appointment. A staff member will then greet them and welcome them into our practice.
- We have implemented a “no handshaking policy” and have put up signs throughout the practice to reflect this.
- Patients will notice we have installed sneeze guards (plexiglass shields) in our reception area.
- An Asheville Periodontics team member has been assigned to wipe down and disinfect between every patient, including in our reception area and all patient rooms.
- All patients will rinse with an antimicrobial mouth rinse at every patient visit.
- Hand sanitizer is offered at our front office and in every treatment room.
- Our team will be in enhanced PPE for the patient and team members’ protection
- While we do not allow patients to have guests accompany them into their appointment, we do allow their guests to wait in the car for the length of their visit.
- We are urging patients to fill out their new patient paperwork either online or bring to the office at least 3 days prior to their appointment so that it can be reviewed and can be discussed with the patient if necessary before your appointment.
What we require from our patients:
- If you are sick, running a fever, coughing, or not feeling well, please reschedule your appointment and do not enter the office. We are happy to reschedule your appointment at no charge and we thank you for considering the health of others.
- If you are healthy and you come in for your regular appointment, please use a tissue when sneezing or blowing your nose, throw the tissue away, and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water afterwards. Using hand sanitizer of 60% alcohol is also acceptable for washing hands. We offer hand sanitizer at the front desk and in every operatory.
- If you have traveled to any areas outside of the US within two weeks of your scheduled appointment, please contact our office to reschedule.
The entire team at Asheville Periodontics wants to ensure that your health is our highest priority. We have trained and educated our team regarding COVID-19 and have enhanced some of our office protocols to ensure the highest level of safety and health.